Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) venture (any venturesome undertaking especially one with an uncertain outcome)
- S: (n) speculation, venture (an investment that is very risky but could yield great profits) "he knew the stock was a speculation when he bought it"
- S: (n) venture (a commercial undertaking that risks a loss but promises a profit)
- S: (v) venture, embark (proceed somewhere despite the risk of possible dangers) "We ventured into the world of high-tech and bought a supercomputer"
- S: (v) guess, venture, pretend, hazard (put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation) "I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"; "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
- S: (v) venture, hazard, adventure, stake, jeopardize (put at risk) "I will stake my good reputation for this"