WordNet Search HelpMain Search - Glossary
Table of Contents
- Using the Search Page
Using the Search Page
Begin a new search by typing a word or phrase into the text field and then clicking "Submit Query" or pressing Return.
Navigate the results by clicking on the various links:
- For a synset, clicking "S" will show the relations for that synset, and clicking any of the synset's words will begin a new search using that word alone.
- Similarly, for a word, "W" links to the relevant relations, and clicking the word itself begins a new search.
- To explore a particular relation, click on the relation to display the associated synsets or words.
- Many synsets allow you to run extended searches on the basic relations.
- For example, in addition to being able to search for direct hypernyms of a synset, you may also search for inherited hypernyms and coordinate terms.
- When you run these extended searches, they will display the new synsets but hide the connecting relations. To reveal hidden relations for a synset, click on the synset's "S" link.
- If a link has been expanded (i.e. it has sub-lists), clicking the link will collapse the sub-lists as long as the link is not that of a synset with hidden relations.