Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) purchase (the acquisition of something for payment) "they closed the purchase with a handshake"
- S: (n) purchase (something acquired by purchase)
- S: (n) purchase (a means of exerting influence or gaining advantage) "he could get no purchase on the situation"
- S: (n) leverage, purchase (the mechanical advantage gained by being in a position to use a lever)
- S: (v) buy, purchase (obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction) "The family purchased a new car"; "The conglomerate acquired a new company"; "She buys for the big department store"