Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) dog, domestic dog, Canis familiaris (a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds) "the dog barked all night"
- S: (n) frump, dog (a dull unattractive unpleasant girl or woman) "she got a reputation as a frump"; "she's a real dog"
- S: (n) dog (informal term for a man) "you lucky dog"
- S: (n) cad, bounder, blackguard, dog, hound, heel (someone who is morally reprehensible) "you dirty dog"
- S: (n) frank, frankfurter, hotdog, hot dog, dog, wiener, wienerwurst, weenie (a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll)
- S: (n) pawl, detent, click, dog (a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward)
- S: (n) andiron, firedog, dog, dog-iron (metal supports for logs in a fireplace) "the andirons were too hot to touch"