Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) discipline, subject, subject area, subject field, field, field of study, study, bailiwick (a branch of knowledge) "in what discipline is his doctorate?"; "teachers should be well trained in their subject"; "anthropology is the study of human beings"
- S: (n) discipline (a system of rules of conduct or method of practice) "he quickly learned the discipline of prison routine"; "for such a plan to work requires discipline"
- S: (n) discipline (the trait of being well behaved) "he insisted on discipline among the troops"
- S: (n) discipline (training to improve strength or self-control)
- S: (n) discipline, correction (the act of disciplining) "the offenders deserved the harsh discipline they received"
- S: (v) discipline, train, check, condition (develop (a child's or animal's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control) "Parents must discipline their children"; "Is this dog trained?"
- S: (v) discipline, correct, sort out (punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience) "The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"