Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) costume (the attire worn in a play or at a fancy dress ball) "he won the prize for best costume"
- S: (n) costume (unusual or period attire not characteristic of or appropriate to the time and place) "in spite of the heat he insisted on his woolen costume"
- S: (n) costume (the prevalent fashion of dress (including accessories and hair style as well as garments))
- S: (n) costume (the attire characteristic of a country or a time or a social class) "he wore his national costume"
- S: (v) costume, dress up (dress in a costume) "We dressed up for Halloween as pumpkins"
- S: (v) costume (furnish with costumes; as for a film or play)