Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) water, H2O (binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent)
- S: (n) body of water, water (the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean)) "they invaded our territorial waters"; "they were sitting by the water's edge"
- S: (n) water (once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles))
- S: (n) water system, water supply, water (a facility that provides a source of water) "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"
- S: (n) urine, piss, pee, piddle, weewee, water (liquid excretory product) "there was blood in his urine"; "the child had to make water"
- S: (n) water (a liquid necessary for the life of most animals and plants) "he asked for a drink of water"
- S: (v) water, irrigate (supply with water, as with channels or ditches or streams) "Water the fields"
- S: (v) water (provide with water) "We watered the buffalo"
- S: (v) water (secrete or form water, as tears or saliva) "My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner"; "His eyes watered"
- S: (v) water (fill with tears) "His eyes were watering"