Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) invest, vest, enthrone (provide with power and authority) "They vested the council with special rights"
- S: (v) vest (place (authority, property, or rights) in the control of a person or group of persons) "She vested her vast fortune in her two sons"
- S: (v) vest (become legally vested) "The property vests in the trustees"
- S: (v) vest (clothe oneself in ecclesiastical garments)
- S: (v) vest, robe (clothe formally; especially in ecclesiastical robes)