Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) trade (the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services) "Venice was an important center of trade with the East"; "they are accused of conspiring to constrain trade"
- S: (n) trade, craft (the skilled practice of a practical occupation) "he learned his trade as an apprentice"
- S: (n) trade, patronage (the business given to a commercial establishment by its customers) "even before noon there was a considerable patronage"
- S: (n) deal, trade, business deal (a particular instance of buying or selling) "it was a package deal"; "I had no further trade with him"; "he's a master of the business deal"
- S: (n) craft, trade (people who perform a particular kind of skilled work) "he represented the craft of brewers"; "as they say in the trade"
- S: (n) trade wind, trade (steady winds blowing from east to west above and below the equator) "they rode the trade winds going west"
- S: (n) barter, swap, swop, trade (an equal exchange) "we had no money so we had to live by barter"
- S: (v) trade, merchandise (engage in the trade of) "he is merchandising telephone sets"
- S: (v) trade, trade in (turn in as payment or part payment for a purchase) "trade in an old car for a new one"
- S: (v) trade (be traded at a certain price or under certain conditions) "The stock traded around $20 a share"
- S: (v) trade, swap, swop, switch (exchange or give (something) in exchange for)
- S: (v) deal, sell, trade (do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood) "She deals in gold"; "The brothers sell shoes"