Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) throne (the chair of state for a monarch, bishop, etc.) "the king sat on his throne"
- S: (n) toilet, can, commode, crapper, pot, potty, stool, throne (a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination)
- S: (n) throne (the position and power of an exalted person (a sovereign or bishop) who is entitled to sit in a chair of state on ceremonial occasions)
- S: (v) throne (sit on the throne as a ruler)
- S: (v) enthrone, throne (put a monarch on the throne) "The Queen was enthroned more than 50 years ago"