Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) sum, sum of money, amount, amount of money (a quantity of money) "he borrowed a large sum"; "the amount he had in cash was insufficient"
- S: (n) sum, amount, total (a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers)
- S: (n) sum, summation, sum total (the final aggregate) "the sum of all our troubles did not equal the misery they suffered"
- S: (n) kernel, substance, core, center, centre, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty (the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience) "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
- S: (n) sum, total, totality, aggregate (the whole amount)
- S: (n) union, sum, join (a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets) "let C be the union of the sets A and B"
- S: (v) summarize, summarise, sum, sum up (be a summary of) "The abstract summarizes the main ideas in the paper"
- S: (v) total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up (determine the sum of) "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"