Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) relax, loosen up, unbend, unwind, decompress, slow down (become less tense, rest, or take one's ease) "He relaxed in the hot tub"; "Let's all relax after a hard day's work"
- S: (v) relax, unbend (make less taut) "relax the tension on the rope"
- S: (v) loosen, relax, loose (become loose or looser or less tight) "The noose loosened"; "the rope relaxed"
- S: (v) relax, unstrain, unlax, loosen up, unwind, make relaxed (cause to feel relaxed) "A hot bath always relaxes me"
- S: (v) relax, loosen up (become less tense, less formal, or less restrained, and assume a friendlier manner) "our new colleague relaxed when he saw that we were a friendly group"
- S: (v) relax, loosen (make less severe or strict) "The government relaxed the curfew after most of the rebels were caught"
- S: (v) relax, loosen (become less severe or strict) "The rules relaxed after the new director arrived"
- S: (v) slack, slacken, slack up, relax (make less active or fast) "He slackened his pace as he got tired"; "Don't relax your efforts now"