Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) poise (a cgs unit of dynamic viscosity equal to one dyne-second per square centimeter; the viscosity of a fluid in which a force of one dyne per square centimeter maintains a velocity of 1 centimeter per second)
- S: (n) poise (a state of being balanced in a stable equilibrium)
- S: (n) aplomb, assuredness, cool, poise, sang-froid (great coolness and composure under strain) "keep your cool"
- S: (v) poise (be motionless, in suspension) "The bird poised for a few moments before it attacked"
- S: (v) brace, poise (prepare (oneself) for something unpleasant or difficult)
- S: (v) poise (cause to be balanced or suspended)
- S: (v) poise, balance (hold or carry in equilibrium)