Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) home plate, home base, home, plate ((baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands; it must be touched by a base runner in order to score) "he ruled that the runner failed to touch home"
- S: (n) plate (a sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic)
- S: (n) plate (a full-page illustration (usually on slick paper))
- S: (n) plate (dish on which food is served or from which food is eaten)
- S: (n) plate, plateful (the quantity contained in a plate)
- S: (n) plate, crustal plate (a rigid layer of the Earth's crust that is believed to drift slowly)
- S: (n) plate (the thin under portion of the forequarter)
- S: (n) plate (a main course served on a plate) "a vegetable plate"; "the blue plate special"
- S: (n) plate (any flat platelike body structure or part)
- S: (n) plate (the positively charged electrode in a vacuum tube)
- S: (n) plate, photographic plate (a flat sheet of metal or glass on which a photographic image can be recorded)
- S: (n) plate (structural member consisting of a horizontal beam that provides bearing and anchorage)
- S: (n) plate, collection plate (a shallow receptacle for collection in church)
- S: (n) plate, scale, shell (a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners))
- S: (n) denture, dental plate, plate (a dental appliance that artificially replaces missing teeth)
- S: (v) plate (coat with a layer of metal) "plate spoons with silver"