Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) orbit, celestial orbit (the (usually elliptical) path described by one celestial body in its revolution about another) "he plotted the orbit of the moon"
- S: (n) sphere, domain, area, orbit, field, arena (a particular environment or walk of life) "his social sphere is limited"; "it was a closed area of employment"; "he's out of my orbit"
- S: (n) scope, range, reach, orbit, compass, ambit ()
- S: (n) orbit, electron orbit (the path of an electron around the nucleus of an atom)
- S: (n) eye socket, orbit, cranial orbit, orbital cavity (the bony cavity in the skull containing the eyeball)
- S: (v) orb, orbit, revolve (move in an orbit) "The moon orbits around the Earth"; "The planets are orbiting the sun"; "electrons orbit the nucleus"