Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) nose, olfactory organ (the organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract; the prominent part of the face of man or other mammals) "he has a cold in the nose"
- S: (n) nose (a front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft)) "the nose of the rocket heated up on reentry"
- S: (n) nose (the front or forward projection of a tool or weapon) "he ducked under the nose of the gun"
- S: (n) nose (a small distance) "my horse lost the race by a nose"
- S: (n) nose (a symbol of inquisitiveness) "keep your nose out of it"
- S: (n) nose (the sense of smell (especially in animals)) "the hound has a good nose"
- S: (n) nose (a natural skill) "he has a nose for good deals"
- S: (n) nozzle, nose (a projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged)
- S: (v) intrude, horn in, pry, nose, poke (search or inquire in a meddlesome way) "This guy is always nosing around the office"
- S: (v) nose (advance the forward part of with caution) "She nosed the car into the left lane"
- S: (v) scent, nose, wind (catch the scent of; get wind of) "The dog nosed out the drugs"
- S: (v) nose (push or move with the nose)
- S: (v) nuzzle, nose (rub noses)
- S: (v) nose (defeat by a narrow margin)