Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) learn, larn, acquire (gain knowledge or skills) "She learned dancing from her sister"; "I learned Sanskrit"; "Children acquire language at an amazing rate"
- S: (v) learn, hear, get word, get wind, pick up, find out, get a line, discover, see (get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally) "I learned that she has two grown-up children"; "I see that you have been promoted"
- S: (v) memorize, memorise, con, learn (commit to memory; learn by heart) "Have you memorized your lines for the play yet?"
- S: (v) learn, study, read, take (be a student of a certain subject) "She is reading for the bar exam"
- S: (v) teach, learn, instruct (impart skills or knowledge to) "I taught them French"; "He instructed me in building a boat"
- S: (v) determine, check, find out, see, ascertain, watch, learn (find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort) "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"