Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) jab, jabbing, poke, poking, thrust, thrusting (a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow)) "he warned me with a jab with his finger"; "he made a thrusting motion with his fist"
- S: (n) jab (a quick short straight punch)
- S: (n) dig, jab (the act of touching someone suddenly with your finger or elbow) "she gave me a sharp dig in the ribs"
- S: (v) jab, prod, stab, poke, dig (poke or thrust abruptly) "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
- S: (v) jab (strike or punch with quick and short blows)
- S: (v) stab, jab (stab or pierce) "he jabbed the piece of meat with his pocket knife"