Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) item, point (a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list) "he noticed an item in the New York Times"; "she had several items on her shopping list"; "the main point on the agenda was taken up first"
- S: (n) detail, particular, item (a small part that can be considered separately from the whole) "it was perfect in all details"
- S: (n) item (a whole individual unit; especially when included in a list or collection) "they reduced the price on many items"
- S: (n) detail, item, point (an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole) "several of the details are similar"; "a point of information"
- S: (n) token, item (an individual instance of a type of symbol) "the word `error' contains three tokens of `r'"
- S: (adv) item ((used when listing or enumerating items) also) "a length of chain, item a hook"-Philip Guedalla