Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) scabies, itch (a contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite; characterized by persistent itching and skin irritation) "he has a bad case of the itch"
- S: (n) urge, itch (a strong restless desire) "why this urge to travel?"
- S: (n) itch, itchiness, itching (an irritating cutaneous sensation that produces a desire to scratch)
- S: (v) rub, scratch, itch (scrape or rub as if to relieve itching) "Don't scratch your insect bites!"
- S: (v) itch (have or perceive an itch) "I'm itching--the air is so dry!"
- S: (v) itch (cause to perceive an itch) "his skin itched"
- S: (v) itch, spoil (have a strong desire or urge to do something) "She is itching to start the project"; "He is spoiling for a fight"