Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) image, mental image (an iconic mental representation) "her imagination forced images upon her too awful to contemplate"
- S: (n) persona, image ((Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world) "a public image is as fragile as Humpty Dumpty"
- S: (n) picture, image, icon, ikon (a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface) "they showed us the pictures of their wedding"; "a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
- S: (n) prototype, paradigm, epitome, image (a standard or typical example) "he is the prototype of good breeding"; "he provided America with an image of the good father"
- S: (n) trope, figure of speech, figure, image (language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense)
- S: (n) double, image, look-alike (someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor)) "he could be Gingrich's double"; "she's the very image of her mother"
- S: (n) image, range, range of a function ((mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined) "the image of f(x) = x^2 is the set of all non-negative real numbers if the domain of the function is the set of all real numbers"
- S: (n) image (the general impression that something (a person or organization or product) presents to the public) "although her popular image was contrived it served to inspire music and pageantry"; "the company tried to project an altruistic image"
- S: (n) effigy, image, simulacrum (a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture)) "the coin bears an effigy of Lincoln"; "the emperor's tomb had his image carved in stone"