Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) hope (a specific instance of feeling hopeful) "it revived their hope of winning the pennant"
- S: (n) hope (the general feeling that some desire will be fulfilled) "in spite of his troubles he never gave up hope"
- S: (n) promise, hope (grounds for feeling hopeful about the future) "there is little or no promise that he will recover"
- S: (n) hope (someone (or something) on which expectations are centered) "he was their best hope for a victory"
- S: (n) Hope, Bob Hope, Leslie Townes Hope (United States comedian (born in England) who appeared in films with Bing Crosby (1903-2003))
- S: (n) hope (one of the three Christian virtues)
- S: (v) hope, trust, desire (expect and wish) "I trust you will behave better from now on"; "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
- S: (v) hope (be optimistic; be full of hope; have hopes) "I am still hoping that all will turn out well"
- S: (v) hope, go for (intend with some possibility of fulfilment) "I hope to have finished this work by tomorrow evening"