Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) blur, fuzz (a hazy or indistinct representation) "it happened so fast it was just a blur"; "he tried to clear his head of the whisky fuzz"
- S: (v) film over, glaze over, blur (become glassy; lose clear vision) "Her eyes glazed over from lack of sleep"
- S: (v) blur (to make less distinct or clear) "The haze blurs the hills"
- S: (v) confuse, blur, obscure, obnubilate (make unclear, indistinct, or blurred) "Her remarks confused the debate"; "Their words obnubilate their intentions"
- S: (v) smear, blur, smudge, smutch (make a smudge on; soil by smudging)
- S: (v) blur, blear (make dim or indistinct) "The fog blurs my vision"
- S: (v) blur, dim, slur (become vague or indistinct) "The distinction between the two theories blurred"