Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) guarantee, ensure, insure, assure, secure (make certain of) "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
- S: (v) assure, tell (inform positively and with certainty and confidence) "I tell you that man is a crook!"
- S: (v) assure (assure somebody of the truth of something with the intention of giving the listener confidence) "I assured him that traveling to Cambodia was safe"
- S: (v) see, check, insure, see to it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure (be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something) "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
- S: (v) reassure, assure (cause to feel sure; give reassurance to) "The airline tried to reassure the customers that the planes were safe"
- S: (v) promise, assure (make a promise or commitment)