Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adv) along, on (with a forward motion) "we drove along admiring the view"; "the horse trotted along at a steady pace"; "the circus traveled on to the next city"; "move along"; "march on"
- S: (adv) along (in accompaniment or as a companion) "his little sister came along to the movies"; "I brought my camera along"; "working along with his father"
- S: (adv) along (to a more advanced state) "the work is moving along"; "well along in their research"; "hurrying their education along"; "getting along in years"
- S: (adv) along (in addition (usually followed by `with')) "we sent them food and some clothing went along in the package"; "along with the package came a bill"; "consider the advantages along with the disadvantages"
- S: (adv) along (in line with a length or direction (often followed by `by' or `beside')) "pass the word along"; "ran along beside me"; "cottages along by the river"