Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) accent, speech pattern (distinctive manner of oral expression) "he couldn't suppress his contemptuous accent"; "she had a very clear speech pattern"
- S: (n) emphasis, accent (special importance or significance) "the red light gave the central figure increased emphasis"; "the room was decorated in shades of grey with distinctive red accents"
- S: (n) dialect, idiom, accent (the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people) "the immigrants spoke an odd dialect of English"; "he has a strong German accent"; "it has been said that a language is a dialect with an army and navy"
- S: (n) stress, emphasis, accent (the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch)) "he put the stress on the wrong syllable"
- S: (n) accent, accent mark (a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation)