Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) poison, toxicant, poisonous substance (any substance that causes injury or illness or death of a living organism)
- S: (n) poison (anything that harms or destroys) "the poison of fascism"
- S: (v) poison (spoil as if by poison) "poison someone's mind"; "poison the atmosphere in the office"
- S: (v) poison (kill with poison) "She poisoned her husband"
- S: (v) poison, envenom (add poison to) "Her husband poisoned her drink in order to kill her"
- S: (v) poison (kill by its poison) "This mushrooms can poison"
- S: (v) poison (administer poison to) "She poisoned her husband but he did not die"