Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) plant, works, industrial plant (buildings for carrying on industrial labor) "they built a large plant to manufacture automobiles"
- S: (n) plant, flora, plant life ((botany) a living organism lacking the power of locomotion)
- S: (n) plant (an actor situated in the audience whose acting is rehearsed but seems spontaneous to the audience)
- S: (n) plant (something planted secretly for discovery by another) "the police used a plant to trick the thieves"; "he claimed that the evidence against him was a plant"
- S: (v) plant, set (put or set (seeds, seedlings, or plants) into the ground) "Let's plant flowers in the garden"
- S: (v) implant, engraft, embed, imbed, plant (fix or set securely or deeply) "He planted a knee in the back of his opponent"; "The dentist implanted a tooth in the gum"
- S: (v) establish, found, plant, constitute, institute (set up or lay the groundwork for) "establish a new department"
- S: (v) plant (place into a river) "plant fish"
- S: (v) plant (place something or someone in a certain position in order to secretly observe or deceive) "Plant a spy in Moscow"; "plant bugs in the dissident's apartment"
- S: (v) plant, implant (put firmly in the mind) "Plant a thought in the students' minds"