Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) pain, hurting (a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder) "the patient developed severe pain and distension"
- S: (n) pain, painfulness (emotional distress; a fundamental feeling that people try to avoid) "the pain of loneliness"
- S: (n) pain, pain sensation, painful sensation (a somatic sensation of acute discomfort) "as the intensity increased the sensation changed from tickle to pain"
- S: (n) pain, pain in the neck, nuisance (a bothersome annoying person) "that kid is a terrible pain"
- S: (n) annoyance, bother, botheration, pain, infliction, pain in the neck, pain in the ass (something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness) "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
- S: (v) trouble, ail, pain (cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed)
- S: (v) pain, anguish, hurt (cause emotional anguish or make miserable) "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"