Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) pace, gait (the rate of moving (especially walking or running))
- S: (n) footstep, pace, step, stride (the distance covered by a step) "he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
- S: (n) pace, rate (the relative speed of progress or change) "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
- S: (n) pace, stride, tread (a step in walking or running)
- S: (n) tempo, pace (the rate of some repeating event)
- S: (n) yard, pace (a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride)
- S: (v) pace (walk with slow or fast paces) "He paced up and down the hall"
- S: (v) pace (go at a pace) "The horse paced"
- S: (v) pace, step (measure (distances) by pacing) "step off ten yards"
- S: (v) pace (regulate or set the pace of) "Pace your efforts"