Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) mother, female parent (a woman who has given birth to a child (also used as a term of address to your mother)) "the mother of three children"
- S: (n) mother (a stringy slimy substance consisting of yeast cells and bacteria; forms during fermentation and is added to cider or wine to produce vinegar)
- S: (n) mother (a term of address for an elderly woman)
- S: (n) mother (a term of address for a mother superior)
- S: (n) mother (a condition that is the inspiration for an activity or situation) "necessity is the mother of invention"