Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) let, allow, permit (make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen) "This permits the water to rush in"; "This sealed door won't allow the water come into the basement"; "This will permit the rain to run off"
- S: (v) let (actively cause something to happen) "I let it be known that I was not interested"
- S: (v) permit, allow, let, countenance (consent to, give permission) "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won't let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
- S: (v) get, let, have (cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition) "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
- S: (v) let (leave unchanged) "let it be"
- S: (v) lease, let, rent (grant use or occupation of under a term of contract) "I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners"