Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) illusion, fantasy, phantasy, fancy (something many people believe that is false) "they have the illusion that I am very wealthy"
- S: (n) fancy (imagination or fantasy; held by Coleridge to be more casual and superficial than true imagination) "never had the wildest flights of fancy imagined such magnificence"
- S: (n) fondness, fancy, partiality (a predisposition to like something) "he had a fondness for whiskey"; "she had dismissed him quite brutally, relegating him to the status of a passing fancy, or less"
- S: (v) visualize, visualise, envision, project, fancy, see, figure, picture, image (imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind) "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
- S: (v) fancy, go for, take to (have a fancy or particular liking or desire for) "She fancied a necklace that she had seen in the jeweler's window"
- S: (adj) fancy (not plain; decorative or ornamented) "fancy handwriting"; "fancy clothes"