Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass (consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning) "analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"; "analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"; "analyze your real motives"
- S: (v) examine, see (observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect) "The customs agent examined the baggage"; "I must see your passport before you can enter the country"
- S: (v) probe, examine (question or examine thoroughly and closely)
- S: (v) examine (question closely)
- S: (v) test, prove, try, try out, examine, essay (put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to) "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"