Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) ditch (a long narrow excavation in the earth)
- S: (n) ditch (any small natural waterway)
- S: (v) ditch (forsake) "ditch a lover"
- S: (v) chuck, ditch (throw away) "Chuck these old notes"
- S: (v) dump, ditch (sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly) "The company dumped him after many years of service"; "She dumped her boyfriend when she fell in love with a rich man"
- S: (v) ditch (make an emergency landing on water)
- S: (v) ditch (crash or crash-land) "ditch a car"; "ditch a plane"
- S: (v) trench, ditch (cut a trench in, as for drainage) "ditch the land to drain it"; "trench the fields"