Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) deduce, infer, deduct, derive (reason by deduction; establish by deduction)
- S: (v) derive, gain (obtain) "derive pleasure from one's garden"
- S: (v) derive (come from) "The present name derives from an older form"
- S: (v) derive, educe (develop or evolve from a latent or potential state)
- S: (v) derive, come, descend (come from; be connected by a relationship of blood, for example) "She was descended from an old Italian noble family"; "he comes from humble origins"