Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) charter (a document incorporating an institution and specifying its rights; includes the articles of incorporation and the certificate of incorporation)
- S: (n) charter (a contract to hire or lease transportation)
- S: (v) rent, hire, charter, lease (hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services)
- S: (v) charter (grant a charter to)
- S: (v) lease, rent, hire, charter, engage, take (engage for service under a term of contract) "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"