Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) cut short, break short, break off (interrupt before its natural or planned end) "We had to cut short our vacation"
- S: (v) break, break off, discontinue, stop (prevent completion) "stop the project"; "break off the negotiations"
- S: (v) chip, chip off, come off, break away, break off (break off (a piece from a whole)) "Her tooth chipped"
- S: (v) break, break off, snap off (break a piece from a whole) "break a branch from a tree"
- S: (v) chip, knap, cut off, break off (break a small piece off from) "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"