Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) boil, furuncle (a painful sore with a hard core filled with pus)
- S: (n) boiling point, boil (the temperature at which a liquid boils at sea level) "they brought the water to a boil"
- S: (v) boil (come to the boiling point and change from a liquid to vapor) "Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius"
- S: (v) boil (immerse or be immersed in a boiling liquid, often for cooking purposes) "boil potatoes"; "boil wool"
- S: (v) boil (bring to, or maintain at, the boiling point) "boil this liquid until it evaporates"
- S: (v) churn, boil, moil, roil (be agitated) "the sea was churning in the storm"
- S: (v) seethe, boil (be in an agitated emotional state) "The customer was seething with anger"