Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) attention, attending (the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative) exclusion of others)
- S: (n) care, attention, aid, tending (the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something) "no medical care was required"; "the old car needs constant attention"
- S: (n) attention (a general interest that leads people to want to know more) "She was the center of attention"
- S: (n) attention (a courteous act indicating affection) "she tried to win his heart with her many attentions"
- S: (n) attention (the faculty or power of mental concentration) "keeping track of all the details requires your complete attention"
- S: (n) attention (a motionless erect stance with arms at the sides and feet together; assumed by military personnel during drill or review) "the troops stood at attention"