Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) assay, check (an appraisal of the state of affairs) "they made an assay of the contents"; "a check on its dependability under stress"
- S: (n) assay (a substance that is undergoing an analysis of its components)
- S: (n) assay (a written report of the results of an analysis of the composition of some substance)
- S: (n) assay (a quantitative or qualitative test of a substance (especially an ore or a drug) to determine its components; frequently used to test for the presence or concentration of infectious agents or antibodies etc.)
- S: (v) assay (analyze (chemical substances))
- S: (v) try, seek, attempt, essay, assay (make an effort or attempt) "He tried to shake off his fears"; "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"; "The police attempted to stop the thief"; "He sought to improve himself"; "She always seeks to do good in the world"