Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) volume (the amount of 3-dimensional space occupied by an object) "the gas expanded to twice its original volume"
- S: (n) bulk, mass, volume (the property of something that is great in magnitude) "it is cheaper to buy it in bulk"; "he received a mass of correspondence"; "the volume of exports"
- S: (n) book, volume (physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together) "he used a large book as a doorstop"
- S: (n) volume (a publication that is one of a set of several similar publications) "the third volume was missing"; "he asked for the 1989 volume of the Annual Review"
- S: (n) volume (a relative amount) "mix one volume of the solution with ten volumes of water"
- S: (n) volume, loudness, intensity (the magnitude of sound (usually in a specified direction)) "the kids played their music at full volume"