Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) transformation, transmutation, shift (a qualitative change)
- S: (n) transformation ((mathematics) a function that changes the position or direction of the axes of a coordinate system)
- S: (n) transformation (a rule describing the conversion of one syntactic structure into another related syntactic structure)
- S: (n) transformation ((genetics) modification of a cell or bacterium by the uptake and incorporation of exogenous DNA)
- S: (n) transformation, translation (the act of changing in form or shape or appearance) "a photograph is a translation of a scene onto a two-dimensional surface"