Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) sun, Sun (the star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system) "the sun contains 99.85% of the mass in the solar system"; "the Earth revolves around the Sun"
- S: (n) sunlight, sunshine, sun (the rays of the sun) "the shingles were weathered by the sun and wind"
- S: (n) sun (a person considered as a source of warmth or energy or glory etc)
- S: (n) sun (any star around which a planetary system revolves)
- S: (n) Sunday, Lord's Day, Dominicus, Sun (first day of the week; observed as a day of rest and worship by most Christians)
- S: (v) sun, sunbathe (expose one's body to the sun)
- S: (v) sun, insolate, solarize, solarise (expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun) "insolated paper may turn yellow and crumble"; "These herbs suffer when sunned"