Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) sport, athletics (an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition)
- S: (n) sport (the occupation of athletes who compete for pay)
- S: (n) sport, summercater ((Maine colloquial) a temporary summer resident of Maine)
- S: (n) sport (a person known for the way she (or he) behaves when teased or defeated or subjected to trying circumstances) "a good sport"; "a poor sport"
- S: (n) sport, sportsman, sportswoman (someone who engages in sports)
- S: (n) mutant, mutation, variation, sport ((biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration)
- S: (n) fun, play, sport (verbal wit or mockery (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously)) "he became a figure of fun"; "he said it in sport"
- S: (v) sport, feature, boast (wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner) "she was sporting a new hat"
- S: (v) frolic, lark, rollick, skylark, disport, sport, cavort, gambol, frisk, romp, run around, lark about (play boisterously) "The children frolicked in the garden"; "the gamboling lambs in the meadows"; "The toddlers romped in the playroom"