Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) special (a special offering (usually temporary and at a reduced price) that is featured in advertising) "they are having a special on pork chops"
- S: (n) special (a dish or meal given prominence in e.g. a restaurant)
- S: (n) special (a television production that features a particular person or work or topic) "the last of a series of BBC specials on Iran is being shown tonight"
- S: (adj) particular, peculiar, special (unique or specific to a person or thing or category) "the particular demands of the job"; "has a particular preference for Chinese art"; "a peculiar bond of sympathy between them"; "an expression peculiar to Canadians"; "rights peculiar to the rich"; "the special features of a computer"; "my own special chair"
- S: (adj) special (for a special service or occasion) "a special correspondent"; "a special adviser to the committee"; "had to get special permission for the event"
- S: (adj) especial, exceptional, particular, special (surpassing what is common or usual or expected) "he paid especial attention to her"; "exceptional kindness"; "a matter of particular and unusual importance"; "a special occasion"; "a special reason to confide in her"; "what's so special about the year 2000?"
- S: (adj) special (adapted to or reserved for a particular purpose) "a special kind of paint"; "a special medication for arthritis"
- S: (adj) limited, special (having a specific function or scope) "a special (or specific) role in the mission"
- S: (adj) particular, special (first and most important) "his special interest is music"; "she gets special (or particular) satisfaction from her volunteer work"
- S: (adj) extra, special (added to a regular schedule) "a special holiday flight"; "put on special buses for the big game"