Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) security (the state of being free from danger or injury) "we support the armed services in the name of national security"
- S: (n) security, protection (defense against financial failure; financial independence) "his pension gave him security in his old age"; "insurance provided protection against loss of wages due to illness"
- S: (n) security (freedom from anxiety or fear) "the watch dog gave her a feeling of security"
- S: (n) security, certificate (a formal declaration that documents a fact of relevance to finance and investment; the holder has a right to receive interest or dividends) "he held several valuable securities"
- S: (n) security, surety (property that your creditor can claim in case you default on your obligation) "bankers are reluctant to lend without good security"
- S: (n) security, security department (a department responsible for the security of the institution's property and workers) "the head of security was a former policeman"
- S: (n) security, surety (a guarantee that an obligation will be met)
- S: (n) security system, security measure, security (an electrical device that sets off an alarm when someone tries to break in)
- S: (n) security, security measures (measures taken as a precaution against theft or espionage or sabotage etc.) "military security has been stepped up since the recent uprising"