Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) sacred (concerned with religion or religious purposes) "sacred texts"; "sacred rites"; "sacred music"
- S: (adj) sacred (worthy of respect or dedication) "saw motherhood as woman's sacred calling"
- S: (adj) consecrated, sacred, sanctified (made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use) "a consecrated church"; "the sacred mosque"; "sacred elephants"; "sacred bread and wine"; "sanctified wine"
- S: (adj) hallowed, sacred (worthy of religious veneration) "the sacred name of Jesus"; "Jerusalem's hallowed soil"
- S: (adj) sacred ((often followed by `to') devoted exclusively to a single use or purpose or person) "a fund sacred to charity"; "a morning hour sacred to study"; "a private office sacred to the President"