Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) insert, enclose, inclose, stick in, put in, introduce (place, fit, or thrust (something) into another thing) "Insert your ticket here"
- S: (v) store, hive away, lay in, put in, salt away, stack away, stash away (keep or lay aside for future use) "store grain for the winter"; "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
- S: (v) chime in, cut in, put in, butt in, chisel in, barge in, break in (break into a conversation) "her husband always chimes in, even when he is not involved in the conversation"
- S: (v) install, instal, put in, set up (set up for use) "install the washer and dryer"; "We put in a new sink"
- S: (v) put in, submit (make an application as for a job or funding) "We put in a grant to the NSF"
- S: (v) interject, come in, interpose, put in, throw in, inject (to insert between other elements) "She interjected clever remarks"