Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) punch, clout, poke, lick, biff, slug ((boxing) a blow with the fist) "I gave him a clout on his nose"
- S: (n) punch (an iced mixed drink usually containing alcohol and prepared for multiple servings; normally served in a punch bowl)
- S: (n) punch, puncher (a tool for making holes or indentations)
- S: (v) punch, plug (deliver a quick blow to) "he punched me in the stomach"
- S: (v) punch (drive forcibly as if by a punch) "the nail punched through the wall"
- S: (v) punch, perforate (make a hole into or between, as for ease of separation) "perforate the sheets of paper"